Here are 5 helpful tips to help improve your everyday skin care routine:
- When layering skin care products, apply thinnest to thickest. The efficacy and absorption of products is maximized in this order.
- Don’t over treat your skin. Skin care is a process. It is ineffective to try to manually speed up results that take time by overusing products or increasing the frequency that products are used. This can end up damaging your skin, instead of helping it.
- Always wear sunscreen. Many people think sunscreen is only needed when spending the day at the beach, a theme park, or working outside. Even when outside for a short period of time, the sun can still do damage to your skin. It is important to apply sunscreen in the morning, and then every three hours after that. Using a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher is preferable. Dermacare offers Obagi Medical sunscreens with SPF 50 to help prevent sun damage to your skin.
- When applying skin care products, remember that your skin care routine in the morning is to protect, while your evening skin care routine is to repair.
- Drinking lots of water and getting a good night’s sleep play a huge role in your skin’s health. It may seem silly, but what you put in your body is reflected on the outside.
Always listen to your skin. Every individual’s skin is different, which means each person will need to find the products and routine that works best for them. Remember, your skin’s progress is unique to you. At Dermacare in Gainesville, FL, we strive to help you find the best routine to help you achieve your skin care goals. Call us at 352-331-5355 to talk to one of our highly knowledgeable staff members about products you can implement into your routine. We look forward to serving you!